Image Map

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dona Nobis Pacem

I've decided to join my friends: Ruby and Susie & Sidebite and hundreds of other bloggers for this year's BlogBlast for Peace! :-D

Freckles the Dog Dona Nobis Pacem

Six years ago, a wonderful blogger asked all of their followers to come together, across the planet, and express their desire for a peaceful world on one specific day! "A pledge. A signature. A symbolic promise. It was an invitation for all nationalities, creeds, tribes and religions to converge upon one page."

The title of this blog post, along with almost everyone participating, is Dona Nobis Pacem, which is Latin for Grant Us Peace! 

Because I am so young, the word "peace" has become almost a magical term...one which I have seen small glimpses of, but never seen the full glamorous effect! Unfortunately the world is not a peaceful place, not even in our own country, state, or city! There are constant arguments, fear, tattling, and anger brewing wherever you live...but, I wonder why we can't just get over all of these issues?! 

Alright, it is human (or canine) to have problems within life; I know I have temper tantrums and barking episodes if I don't understand something, but the difference between me and a ton of other people is that I let it all out and then move on! I might hold a grudge for a few minutes, but then I get over it...voila, back to the happy and content Freckles! So, why can't the rest of humanity do the same?

Why can't we just growl and bark...then, agree to move on and be at ease?!

I've experienced many issues at various dog parks with a ton of different types of dogs and do you know what? We've all managed to come up with solutions to our differences and had blasts at the park together without someone coming away in a cone! ;-) I live with three cat brothers (and three outside feral kitties) and no one has ever had to be taken away in the vet ambulance...why? Because, us animals, can get over our problems and live together (essentially) in peace!

Just like my picture above, I believe that you need to start within...in order to be at peace with the World, one needs to be at peace in yourself and the way you see life! That Buddha was certainly a smart human! 

Well, I hope that all of our posts help you, at least, think about how you can become a more peaceful person (kitty/pup) or how you can help the rest of humanity discover peace! :-D As the BlogBlast for Peace's motto claims: If words are powerful....then this matters. 

Happy Sunday my friends!
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Peace stay with you, Goose & Domeek
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY Cool Post Goose!!! Couldn't have said it betters myselfs!! Holdin' virtual paws in peace.....

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    pees: Give your Moms get well kisses from me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I totally will Ruby!! She gives virtual kisses back! :-D

      Delete
  3. Very well stated Goose. You are wise beyond your years.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goose this is a great post and badly needed we think!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Goose,

    As much as I love humans in general and my people in particular, Dogs are are far more forgiving and far more tolerant than even the most tolerant of people. (Can you imagine how a human would react if strangers kept coming up and patting him on the head?)

    I am trying to teach all people to give a good body-shake and let it go, or at the very least to sniff the ground and walk away... just like a Dog.

    This is what Dogs bring into the world - unconditional love and forgiveness.

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very true Cobi! I think people would go nuts if they kept getting petted by random people! I like that: unconditional love and forgiveness! :-D

      Delete
  6. Wow! You live peacefully with cats? Don't think we could do that....

    But we with humans could get their act together.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah and don't tell anyone, but they totally rule me and the roost! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Excellent! Peace to you and yours!

    (A link to your post will be on "Peace Bloggers Unite" later)

    ReplyDelete